Because we all need rules……
- Fees All fees, diets and drug charges are subject to VAT at the current rate. Fee levels are determined by professional time spent on a case and according to the drugs, equipment time, consumables and diets used. All fees can be subject to change. A detailed fee breakdown is available for every consultation, surgical procedure or transaction with us.
- Payment Accounts are due to be settled in full at the end of the consultation, the discharge of your pet, or upon collection of any goods or services. You may settle your account using: CASH or CREDIT / DEBIT CARD (Maestro / Solo / Mastercard / Visa / Visa Debit)
- Estimates of treatment cost We will happily provide a written estimate as to the probable costs of a course of treatment. Please bear in mind that any estimate can only be approximate -often an animal’s illness will not follow a predictable course but we will endeavour to keep you informed of costs during treatment.
- Settlement Terms Accounts are due to be settled in full at the end of the consultation, the discharge of your pet, or upon collection of any goods or services. Should an account not be settled at the time, an invoice will be sent at the end of the accounting period, with an additional fee in respect of administrative costs incurred. Should it be necessary for further reminders to be sent, further charges will be incurred. At our discretion, these may be deducted if prompt payment is then received. After due notice to you the client, overdue accounts will be referred to a Debt Collection Agency which may affect your credit rating. Further charges will be levied in respect of costs incurred in collecting the debt, such as production of reports, correspondence, court fees, attendance at court, phone calls, home visits etc. Any Credit Card not honoured, or any Cash tendered that is found to be counterfeit will result in the original account being restored to costs together with any banking fees, administration costs, and interest on the capital sum.
- Cheques From 01/01/14 we will not accept personal cheques as a form of payment.
- We reserve the right to withdraw our services from any client who fails to settle an account or with history of tardy settlement.
- Inability to Pay If, for any reason, you are unable to settle your account as specified, we ask you discuss the matter as soon as possible with a member or staff. Payment is expected in full at the time of consultation.
- Pet Health Insurance Ash Tree Vets support the principle of insuring your pet against any unexpected illness or accidents. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to ensure your policy provides an adequate level of cover. In the event of a claim, you are responsible for settling any fees, and then can reclaim these costs from your Insurance Company. In certain circumstances we may agree to claim directly from your Insurance provider, however this must be pre-agreed by the practice. Please call us to discuss.
- Ownership of records Case records including radiographs and similar documents are the property of, and will be retained by, Ash Tree Veterinary Centre. Copies with a summary of the history will be passed on request to another veterinary surgeon taking over the case.
- Ownership of radiographs & similar records The care given to your animal may involve making some specific investigations, for example taking radiographs or performing ultrasound scans. Even though we make a charge for carrying out these investigations and interpreting their results, ownership of the resulting record, for example a radiograph remains with the Practice. No addition or variation of these conditions will bind the Practice unless it is specifically agreed in writing and signed by one of the Directors. No agent or person employed by or under contract with the Practice
- Healthcare Plan To qualify for discounts associated with our Healthcare Plan, you must be a member of the plan for 12 months, and make 12 consecutive direct debit payments. If you choose to leave the plan before you have made these payments, you will be liable for any differences in cost between the discounted goods and services you have received, and their normal non-discounted value. In the event that this occurs, this balance will be due upon cancellation of the plan. If, like many of our customers, you wish to continue to benefit from the plan over subsequent years, the same terms apply; you will need to make another 12 consecutive direct debit payments. This is in accordance with the clauses printed on the reverse of the Client Copy of the Healthcare Plan agreement.
- Missed Appointments Failure to attend pre-booked consultation with a Vet or a Veterinary Nurse will incur a fee of £14.40 for wasting surgery time. Failure to attend a pre-booked surgical or diagnostic procedure may incur a higher fee.
- Prescription policy for clients, available in a letter at request Prescriptions are available from this practice. You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines from your veterinary surgeon or obtain these from another veterinary surgeon or pharmacy. Your veterinary surgeon may only provide POMV medicines for animals under their care. A prescription may not be appropriate if an animal is in need of immediate treatment or is an inpatient. You will be informed on request of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal. The policy of this practice is to re-examine any animal requiring repeat prescriptions every 3 months, but this may vary with individual circumstances. There will be a charge for this re-examination.
- Second Opinion/Referral Procedure You are welcome to request a second opinion either from another veterinary surgeon or another veterinary practice. In some situations we may advise that a specialist opinion is sought.
- Complaints procedures. Should you wish to make a complaint about the services you have received please contact the practice manager or Directors on 01638 554477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on pricing is available on request.